Voice and Data converged into a single connection. Significant Local, Long Distance and Internet cost savings coupled with outstanding disaster recovery options. All while continuing to utilize your existing Phone System.
- Reduce Toll Charges on your Long Distance Calls and completely eliminate charges for local and on-network calls.
- Leverage your investment In your existing PBX.
- Take advantage of dynamic bandwidth allocation when you need additional calling resources.
Never Miss a Call
- AiTech’s SIP trunking service can be set up to automatically re-direct your inbound calls if your business location loses electrical power or experiences other types of service effecting emergencies.
- Calls can redirect to another location
- Calls can redirect to mobile phones
- Calls can automatically be picked up by our Hosted Voicemail system
- Disaster Recovery is much faster and efficient on AiTech’s IP network
Scale as you Grow
- AiTech’s SIP trunks can be purchased one at a time, allowing your business to scale as your demand dictates.
- Add Trunks quickly at any time.
- Choose Phone Numbers from anywhere in the Country. Allows you to open new business locations and have a “local phone number”, while directing these calls to your main location.
Features and Applications
- Works with any PBX
- Number Portability (keep your number)
- Managed QoS (Quality of Service) Solution
- Scales easily (add 1 additional call path at a time as needed)
- Bring your own Bandwidth availability (Use your existing broadband)
- Eliminate need for expensive and un-flexible traditional voice circuits
- Cheaper long distance on a SIP trunk when compared to traditional rates
- Free local and office-to-office calling
- Full E911 Service
- Busy or Unreachable Call Handling – This enhanced feature allows for specifying alternate routing rules when the trunk to your PBX is unreachable.
- Add Enhanced Unified Communications Voicemail to your existing PBX – Replace your old antiquated Voicemail system with our state of the art Voicemail system. Have your voicemails automatically forwarded to your email. Listen to your messages from any device at any time.
What is a SIP Trunk?
A SIP Trunk is primarily a concurrent call that is routed over our IP backbone using VoIP technology. SIP Trunks are used in conjunction with a PBX and are a replacement for traditional PRI or analog circuits. The popularity of SIP Trunks is due primarily to cost savings, along with increased reliability.
When should a business use a SIP Trunk instead of hosted?
A business should look into purchasing SIP Trunks when they decide that their needs are best met with a premise-based phone system. This system is often referred to as a PBX. Coupled with SIP Trunks, a PBX serves up similar features to hosted solutions.
What equipment do I need for my SIP Trunk?
SIP Trunks can work with a SIP-ready PBX. SIP Trunks can also be made to work with traditional analog, key system or PBX phone systems by connecting with an IAD (Integrated Access Device).
Will I need more Internet connectivity when I buy SIP Trunks?
SIP Trunks are virtual circuits delivered over an Internet Access line. Depending on the number of SIP Trunks purchased, and the amount of excess Internet connectivity, a business should consider purchasing more Internet Access. However, it’s important to know that when a SIP Trunk is not being used, the bandwidth otherwise allocated to a SIP Trunk is freed up for use in less intensive applications, such as email and general web use. This dynamic allocation of bandwidth is yet another feature of SIP Trunks versus more traditional technologies, such as analog or PRI circuits.